Tuesday, October 05, 2010

EL RETO 2010 Sunday Debrief

Sunday we had a "RETO debrief" service. I shared a little of my testimony and my friend Macedonio Diaz shared about what God has been showing him through this time. Macedonio (Max) has been a huge help this year with Audio an Video. He spent many, many hours in front of the computer putting together the staff video, all six videos of the teams, he helped me with some of the videos I've posted on You Tube, and not to mention, the 40 minute final video of the whole RETO! God blessed us in a big way this year through Max.

I also had the captains come forward to share a little bit about their experiences. Some said they learned not to trust in others (other teams to help them), but to ultimately trust in the Lord. Some said it was hard to lead the team and sometimes it made them mad that they wouldn't follow. This is something that we can all learn from. Being a leader isn't easy. The two that said this, didn't give up, they kept going, they didn't quit the Challenge God had given them the opportunity to be apart of. That says a lot! It's not often you'll find 14 year olds leading people older than them, and sticking to it! I was very happy and blessed to hear that they were Overcomers! Finally, when I got to Alfredo, captain of The Explorers, the team that lost the FINAL CHALLENGE. He said he was confident they were going to win and "to our surprise, we didn't!" He said it with a smile! Who can do that? This 14 year old learned that winning wasn't everything. Actually, no one on the team was upset. They were content and accepted their loss. That takes maturity, to be able to say "we lossed" with a smile.

In the end, these captains will remember their experience as leaders and be able to use it when they become Student Leaders. They will not give up when it gets rough and difficult. It will help them in conflicts throughout their life...to trust in the Lord. In school, families, and even in their families when they get married. With a humble heart, they can trust in the Lord and not give up.

As for the rest of the students, they will continue to seek the Lord and learn from their experiences. It was an awesome opportunity to be able to plant seeds in so many students who don't know the Lord.

Also, Pastor Gollo and a few other adults came forward to share their experiences in EL RETO. One of the mothers was very grateful for what the Lord has been doing in the lives of her two sons who participated as well as in her own life. They were three of the 13 people who were baptized two weeks ago.

EL RETO is a means to unify the church; adults, youth, children...FAMILIES!

God says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Thank you for your prayers and support for this ministry. If you would like to make a donation to EL RETO in Cofradía you can do so by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment