Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sandy's Testimony

English:

This was my first missions trip, and it has had a great impact on my life. I no longer feel the same. Really this mission was, is, and will continue being a great blessing for my life. During the time in Oaxaca, God changed my way of seeing people; He made me understand that what really matters is the spirit, the feelings, the attitudes within them and not their appearance, culture, beliefs, or religion, especially since Jesus, when He died on the cross, He did so for everyone despite all of that stuff and without any exceptions (Luke 6:37).

I want to tell you that even though in the town where we were we faced opposition in some ways, Christ was always showing us His love and favor. He made me remember what it says in His Word. John 14:1 says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” And in trusting Him we find our reward! In my case, it was allowing me to get to know the people with whom I spent time in Oaxaca, especially the youth and their life stories. I was so involved with them…as much interpersonally as spiritually…that when it was time to return home, the deepest part of me wanted to stay there. But I had the hope of returning if it’s God’s will.

Now that I’m back at home, I continue to give thanks to God for the life of each person that was involved in this trip through prayer and financial support.  


Español:


Este ha sido mi primer viaje misionero y ha tenido un gran impacto en mi vida, ya no me siento la misma y no soy la misma.  Realmente esta misión fué, y seguirá siendo una gran bendición para mi vida.  En ese tiempo allá en Oaxaca, Dios cambió mi forma de ver a las personas, me hizo entender que lo que realmente importa es el Espíritu, los sentimientos y atitudes de si mismos y no su físico, cultura, creencias o religión, y a que Jesús cuando murió por nosotros lo hizo para todos sin importar nada de eso y sin esepción alguna (Lucas 6:37).


Quiero decirles que aunque en el pueblo en donde estuvimos había opocición en algunas maneras mínimas, Cristo estuvo siempre mostrándonos su amor y su favor.  El me hizo recordar lo que dice en su Palabra Juan 14:1 “No se angustien, confían en Dios y confíen también en mi dice Jesús.  Y después de eso (de confiar en Él) viene la recompensa!  que en mi caso fué permitirme conocer a las personas con quienes conviví, especialmente los jovenes y sus historias de vida.  Tanto me involucré con ellos...tanto física como espiritualmente, que cuando era el tiempo de regresar a casa, lo más profundo de mi ser quería seguir en ese lugar, pero tengo la esperanza de regresar si es la Voluntad de Dios.  


Hoy que estoy en casa sigo dando gracias a Dios por la vida de cada persona que estuvo involucrada en este viaje en oración y apoyo financiero.

No comments:

Post a Comment