Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mily's Testimony

English:

During this time I realized some pretty big things; well, really God showed them to me. At the beginning, ever since we began this trip, I was so excited, and everything about this new adventure was fantastic! The truth is that I settled -- or really, I was “comfortable” -- with every thing that was going on. I think that I wasn’t giving everything that God was asking of me just so I could maintain that box or “comfort zone”. Little by little I began to be discouraged, but even so at the same time God was moving His hand and power over the group in general. At least, He did so with me.

At that point, I began to feel tired, irritable, stressed by everything going on around me. Sometimes it was because of the CHALLENGE planning, and at other times it was because of the preparations for the Leadership Workshop. I was never satisfied by any of the results. I was so centered on “me”, and I didn’t realized -- or I wasn’t remembering -- for whom I was doing all this.

Serve - Give - Connect. Key words that helped me put into practice what God began to show me:

§     Learn to trust in Him, knowing that we depend solely on Him (Prov. 3:5-6)

§     Whatever we do will fail unless we are doing it for HIS glory.

§     God is a God of love, and his promises never fail. If he has said it, He will do it.

Well, now in this moment I am very content giving my all in order to put into practice what He taught me on this trip and praying fervently never to let my guard down. I brought with me the pleasant memory of all the wonderful people that God put in that town, but above all the sweetest memory is this: We cannot depend on others or on ourselves; we need to learn to recognize our limitations and that we will always be like children that depend on their Father. No matter how big we get, we do not have authority over ourselves: WE BLONG TO HIM.

Well, this is what the Lord did with me; it’s just a question of letting Him in, and He will do the rest!

Español:

Durante este tiempo me di cuenta de grandes cosas; mas bien Dios me las mostró.  Pués al principio desde que emprendimos el viaje yo estaba tan emocionada y toda esta nueva ventura era fantástico!  La verdad es que yo estaba conforme, o mejor dicho “cómoda” con cada cosa que pasara.  Sentía que no estaba dando todo lo que Dios me estaba diciendo, todo por tener ese cuadro de “comodidad,” poco a poco comencé a desanimarme, pero también así al mismo ritmo Dios movía su mano y su poder sobre el grupo en general, por lo menos lo hacía conmigo.


A este paso me comenzaba a sentir cansada, irritada, estresada por todo lo que pasara a mi alrededor.  A veces por lo del RETO y otras por la preparación para lo del taller de liderazgo, pero nunca me sentía satisfecha con los resultados, estaba tan centrada en el “yo” que no me daba cuenta o no recordaba para quién lo estaba haciendo.  


Servir-Dar-Conectar


Palabras clave que me ayudaron a poner en práctica lo que Dios me comenzó a mostrar:

*Aprender a confiar en Él, saber que dependemos solo de Él (Prov. 3:5,6).

*Nada de lo que hagamos, sino lo hacemos para su gloria sencillamente no resultara.


Dios es un Dios de amor y nunca falta a sus promesas, si Él lo ha dicho Él lo hará.


Pués ahora en este momento estoy muy contenta echándole todas las ganas para poner en práctica lo que me enseñó en este viaje y orando fervientemente para no bajar la guardia.  Traje conmigo un grato recuerdo de todas las personas tan maravillosas que Dios puso en ese pueblo pero sobre todo el más grato recuerdo:

No podemos depender de otros ni de nosotros mimsos, necesitamos aprender a reconocer nuestros limites y que siempre seremos como niños que dependen de su padre, por mas que crezcamos no tenemos autoridad sobre nosotros:  le pertenecemos.


Pués esto es lo que el Señor hizo conmigo y solo es cuestión que lo dejemos entrar y Él hará el resto.

No comments:

Post a Comment